August 11, 2002

I’m exhausted. I’ve been on the road every weekend for a month, which means I can’t really remember the last complete night’s sleep I’ve had. Even when I have the chance to sleep in, I can’t manage it. But I’m adjusting to lack of sleep, I suppose. 6-7 hours is pretty much the norm for me these days.

At some point in the last month, I think I kicked something with my “ring toe”… I’m pretty sure its broken, but what can I do about it? Nothing, really…

So, I picked up my motorcycle yesterday morning. I was really nervous about it, but I’ve adjusted to it pretty quick. I’ve been stalling it out like crazy, though, and its really frustrating. I remembered an exercise from MSF, though, where you plant your feet, and roll the bike back until your toes are pointing at the sky, then you let the clutch out and slowly roll forward until your feet are flat again… It seems to be helping.

I got the bike on the freeway for the first time today. Well, it was on the freeway last night with james (he rode it down from ventura for me; very cool thing to do), but it was my first time on the freeway with a motorcycle. I actually was pretty comfortable… But I have trouble with lane changes. I’m a bit nervous about looking over to see if the lane is empty, and I’m not quite sure if its clear when I go… I guess I’ll get better at it.

I rode through the 805/5 merge going both ways, during sunday traffic (which isn’t bad at all), so I’d say that was definitely a freeway ride.

I’m sore and muscle tired… feels great.

I got the bike with the hopes that it would be a new form of exercise, and I’d lose some weight. Man, if I can keep this up, I’ll be thin in no time.

Put about fourty miles on it today. First, I started off with a short, early morning ride while james was in the shower. Then up and down the 56, down to my bank, up the 805 to the 5 to the 56 to the grocery store for some batteries (so I could take pics of the bike), then back down the 56 to the 5 to the 805 to the sorrento valley exit and back home…

I’ve been fucking around with quicken all day, and discovered that the issue I was having was caused by the 2 GIG (!!!) file full of stock records… Once I deleted it, all is right with the world (aside from the huge chunk of $$ I owe).

I got a love note from the IRS last week, telling me that they hadn’t quite gotten all they needed from my tax return… Guess the electronic sig hadn’t gone through so they needed me to fill out a short form and mail it in. Fairly painless, actually. I guess that’s the joy of having a simple tax life.

We’ll see how simple it is next April.

Share the love

Leave a Reply